Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lifelong Learning Habits

I recently viewed the tutorial on 7 1/2 lifelong learning habits. The tutorial itself was somewhat interesting and covered some interesting ground in terms of how people should view learning information and how people learn.

Of the 7 and 1/2 steps, I believe "Viewing Problems as Challenges" is the one that actually felt easiest for me. Whether it is work, school or whatever life is always going to give you a world full of problems and it is how we handle the problems that hopefully makes us better people and learners. I think part of being a librarian is that desire to solve problems and it is that problem-solving ability that IMO connects problems and challenges together as one and for me at least feels like an easier step.

However, the first step on the list, "Begin with the end in mind" is the one that I think I might struggle with because sometimes we do not know what the end is and even though we may set a goal, sometimes goals get reset or change and so beginning a project with the end in mind, while a good idea is something that I believe could be difficult depending on the project.

No comments: